About This Course
Balancing work and family has become a hot-button issue in recent years, with more and more employees demanding that businesses recognize and provide for families whether they are dealing with medical issues, military service or a newborn child. Many of these rights are detailed in the Paid Family Leave Act and it is incumbent upon employers and employees to understand their rights and obligations. This CLE course will provide a comprehensive review of both as well as eligibility requirements, compliance, strategies to avoid liability and how to coordinate adherence along with the specifics of New York’s Paid Family Leave Act, New York State Disability and Workers Compensation Acts.
In this CLE program you will learn:
- Who is eligible for FMLA?
- What are the employer’s responsibilities?
- How to avoid FMLA liabilities.
- How to comply with the ADA.
- To coordinate FMLA with NY State Disability, Workers Compensation and the NY Paid Family Leave Act.