About This Course
The difficult part of the already complex FMLA is understanding intermittent and reduced schedule leave. This informative CLE course will offer tips and strategies to understand the basics of taking intermittent and reduced-schedule FMLA leave and how to ensure compliance with the law. The course will offer a deeper understanding of the FMLA and how to violations of the FMLA and legal liability.
The course will present:
- Scheduling FMLA leave
- Multiple methods for determining the 12-month period to calculate intermittent leave
- Strategies and best practices for legally handling intermittent FMLA leave
- Drafting FMLA policies to ensure compliance and reduce potential abuse
- Employer rights when an employee takes intermittent or reduced schedule leave, as well as transferring employees to alternative available positions.
- Exceptions to the requirement to reinstate at the end of FMLA leave
- The process for medical certification
- Tips and strategies to avoid the legal pitfalls that can derail your compliance efforts